Hanover House was built for Paul de St Julien, a French Huguenot, in 1716 in Berkley County, South Carolina. The house remained in the St. Julien and Ravenel families for nearly 150 years before being reconstructed on the campus of Clemson University in 1941. Hanover House was relocated to its current site in 1994. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Hopewell was built about 1785 as a log structure for the plantation home of General Andrew Pickens, Sr. and his family. Located within the Clemson University Cherry Farm, the house is the site where Pickens negotiated three treaties at different times with local Cherokees, Choctaws, and Chickasaws during the post-Revolutionary War era.
Director & Curator
Department of Historic Properties
101 Ft. Hill Street
Box 345615, Trustee House
Clemson, SC 29634