One third of the 2nd palatal molar (tooth) of General Pierre G. T. Beauregard who commanded Confederate forces in Charleston harbor and ordered the firing on Fort Sumter, April 12, 1861. Beauregard was at Manassas (or Bull Run), Shiloh, once again in Charleston and finally commanded Confederate forces in Columbia when Sherman burned the town. The tooth was extracted on April 12, 1890, twenty-nine years after the Ft. Sumter bombardment.